Thursday, July 12, 2012

RUTO – nothing will stop me from vying for PRESIDENCY


RUTO – nothing will stop me from vying for PRESIDENCY


Thursday July 12,2012 - Presidential hopeful William Ruto has dismissed assertions that he was the least suited to run for president due to his nature of opposing of new constitution.

Speaking in Bomet County on Wednesday, Ruto who is also the Eldoret North MP said, if elected he will not undermine the constitution, which is binding to all Kenyans but will fully implement it.

“I want to assure Kenyans that I will implement the constitution to the latter. Those saying that since I was opposed to the new constitution and I am not suited to be elected president are misguided,” he said.

Ruto said he was not opposed to the constitution, saying he differed with those who wanted it passed as it was drafted and amendments carried out later.

He said he was determined to press on with his presidential campaigning saying nothing will stop him from going for the top seat.

“Some accusations have been leveled against me but I thank God I have been cleared of a majority of those imaginary accusations .I am in the race for State House to the end,” Ruto said.

The former Cabinet Minister was among the clique that were against the voting of the new constitution in year 2010.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment