Sunday, July 29, 2012

MIGUNA MIGUNA is coming BACK and these are his demands


MIGUNA MIGUNA is coming BACK and these are his demands


Saturday July 28, 2012-The controversial author Miguna Miguna has written to the Police Commissioner Mathew Iteere, requesting him to provide him with round-the-clock security when he returns to Kenya on August 16.

In a letter to the Police Commissioner on Friday, Miguna said his life is in danger since he has received death threats from unknown people and a section of ODM leaders.

“Since launching my book, I have received several death threats and threats of serious bodily harm by short text messages and email transmissions from people I do not know,” Miguna said

“One chilling threat stated that upon my return to Kenya next month, I will be “assassinated and my kidneys eaten,” Miguna said.

“My family and I take these threats very seriously; this is my formal request for round-the-clock state security.”

The chest thumping author left the country abruptly with his family members after he launched his book Peeling Back the Mask: A Quest for Justice in Kenya on July 14.

What followed was the burning and burial of his effigy and coffin in a mock funeral in Nyando led by the area Member of Parliament, Fred Outa.

Miguna said despite failure by relevant government authorities in apprehending and prosecuting the culprits as would be required in a country governed by the rule of law, he will return back home in August.

“Despite all the threats, the intimidations, the character assassinations and the daily gratuitous attacks in the media and the Internet, I shall return to Kenya on Thursday, August 16, 2012.”

“My flight is scheduled to land at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 20:15 hours. I intend to continue with my chosen work of writing about and agitating for the respect for the rule of law, the upholding of the constitution (in letter and spirit), the respect for fundamental human rights, the expansion of the democratic space, the elimination of corruption, tribalism and nepotism (of all forms and shades) and the entrenchment and practice of good governance in Kenya.”

“In other words, I am fortified and fully committed in the quest for justice in Kenya,” Miguna said.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment