Monday, August 6, 2012

UHURU Kenyatta’s message to his SUPPORTERS


UHURU Kenyatta’s message to his SUPPORTERS


Monday August 6, 2012 - Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta has assured his supporters that he will vie for presidency in the upcoming general election.

Speaking in Kajiado North Constituency on Sunday, Uhuru said some people are spreading the false hoods that he is out of the race, but they will be shocked.

“I am in the race and I want to remind those spreading the falsehoods that I have a mouth to speak for myself. I went to The Hague and defended myself. I do not need anyone to talk on my behalf,” Uhuru said.

Uhuru, who is also the Gatundu South legislator, said those waiting to capitalise on his International Criminal Court (ICC) trial to look elsewhere since The Hague proceedings will not stop him from contesting the presidency.

He said ICC cannot deny them a chance to contest in the polls.

“Voters are not clothes to be passed from one person to another. It is Kenyans who will make their choice on who they want to be their leaders,” Uhuru said.

“The only voice I will listen to is that of Kenyans. If people deny us the chance to be leaders, I will have no option but to go home. Those who think we will be jailed so that can win it easily will be in shock,” he added.

Uhuru who was accompanied by Justice Minister Eugene Wamalwa and five MPs said the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) had no option but conduct voter registration electronically.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment