Friday, January 6, 2012

All hail Makajully, the son of Princess Jully



E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
Felix Otieno, son of luo royalty Princess Jully and her late husband Prince Jully is now venturing out on his own in the music industry. Felix who goes by the street moniker Makajully, reminisced of his father Prince Jully, a Benga musicianwho died in 1997. "I miss him dearly.Sometimes I dream that one day he would come back and we’ll meet again,” said Makajully.
Born in a music family, Makajully started strumming his parents’ guitar as a child, but insisted he started taking music seriously as a career, a year ago. Despite his parents’ passion and success for the art, as a musician, he insists he is his own man as he builds his career in contemporary music away from Benga and Ohangla.
It’s this passion that Makajully has done an album and also runs his label Dalana Entertainment started four months ago. “The album Love Portion contains ten songs which generally covers the theme of love and life with inspiration drawn from society around me” he says. “My biggest achievement is that I don’t play vulgar music.
Mine resonates with both young and old. I get airplay in both contemporary and vernacular radio stations in the West region,” Makajully said, adding that starting his entertainment label is a big step for his career. Of his mother, he revealed, "she is my role model as a musician and offers me her full support. She’s the first person to listen to my music and critic it”.

No comments:

Post a Comment