Friday, June 7, 2013

Senator frees 7 Mtwapa strippers

FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2013 - 00:00 -- BY BRIAN OTIENO
Nominated senator Emma Mburu bailed out seven of the nine Mtwapa strippers at Shimo la Tewa prison yesterday. They had spent three nights after they were unable to Sh5,000 imposed on each of them.
Mwanajuma Khamis, 21, said she was forced into the illegal trade after  her relatives rejected her following the death of her HIV infected mother died when she was six years old.
“My drug addicted father was then arrested and jailed and I had to live with my aunts, one of whom forced me to sleep with her husband and later accused me of sleeping around with my uncles,” said Mwanajuma. Mbura said the girls should be counselled and the people who use them arrested.
“I blame the government because it is the government that issues licences to such clubs, which must be closed,” she said. The seven girls said they will look for decent jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment