Saturday, November 3, 2012

I can NEVER join UHURU’s TNA …… RAILA is the PRESIDENT




Friday November 2, 2012-Imenti Central MP Gitobu Imanyara has dismissed media reports that he has ditched Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and joined The National Alliance Party (TNA).

In a press statement on Thursady, Imanyara said there were rumours that he was headed to the Uhuru Kenyatta led party after resigning last week as the deputy patron of Friends of Raila (FORA) lobby group.

He said his resignation from FORA does not suggest his support for Raila Odinga’s presidential bid has ended.

“I have been accused of bending to ethnic, selfish and self-centred political opportunism. But since 1992 elections, I have always resisted.”

“I have consistently supported Raila since 2007 because I saw a real possibility of realising the change we have been craving for in him. That is why I accepted to be the deputy patron of FORA.

“Too much time, energy and resources have been spent to ‘stop’ the possibility of I being considered for the position of running mate of Raila because I am from Mt Kenya,” part of statement reads.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment