Saturday November 24, 2012 - Over the past six months the name William Ruto has been a household name in every Kenyan home, Reason? The Eldoret North MP William Ruto is probably the major decisive factor on who will occupy State House after President Kibaki exit in March next year.
We at the DAILY POST are going to reveal the names behind the well oiled campaign machinery of William Ruto who is also the United Republican Party (URP) Presidential hopeful.
1. Joshua Kulei: The former president Moi’s aide tops the list of the most influential people in William Ruto’s political life. The billionaire and media shy businessman is said to be so close that everyone who want to see Ruto must first pass through him.
2. David Langat: A prominent businessman who owns the four- star Sunrise Hotel in Nyali, Mombasa. He is said to be offering logistical support to the Eldoret North lawmaker.
3. Silas Simatwo:He is the current CEO of Amaco Insurance Group. He is Ruto’s personal adviser.
4. Joseph Magut: The University don is the head of Ruto’s think tank which includes lawyer Kipchumba Murkomen and Prof Kithure Kindiki.
5 Rachael Ruto: She is the wife of William Ruto. She is said to influence Ruto’s political decisions. Politicians close to her receive many favours from Ruto.
6. Farida Karoney. She is the Royal Media Services (RMS) editorial director. She is head of PR in Ruto’s campaign machinery.
7. Davies Chirchir: The former IIEC commissioner is said to be also a close adviser of Mr Ruto.
8. MPs Issac Ruto, Charles Keter, Aden Duale and URP Chairman Francis Kaparo are other key personalities in Ruto’s inner sanctum.
9. Katwa Kigen and Kioko Kilukumi: besides Kindiki, lawyers Katwa Kigen and Kioko Kilukumi are the others figures who advise Ruto on legal matters in addition to representing him at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
10. Leah Nakinae: She is the youngest daughter of Cabinet Minister William Ole Ntimama. She is the head of public relations in URP together with Farida Karoney.