Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TPF Winner Ruth to tithe Sh0.5M to church


TPF Winner Ruth to tithe Sh0.5M to church

E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
Ruth Matete, the winner of Sunday night’s finale of Tusker Project Fame said her first course of action when she gets her Sh5million prize money, is to tithe. Ruth was an active choir member of the House of Grace Church in Nairobi West, before she auditioned for the show.
The 26-year-old who has just completed her undergraduate studies in communication said, “What will I do with my 5 million? First of all I have to tithe to God. Number two, I have got to get a car. A nice car. And the rest I will plan, emphasizing further, “First things first Tithe and the rest will follow.”
She added that despite her win, her stint in the House of Grace choir won’t come to an end. “Definitely I grew up singing in church the fact that I have won it doesn’t mean I stop church because that is what has made me who I am today. So definitely I will go back to singing in church,” she said.
Her first single titled Ndoto Langu is featured in the top ten Universal sponsored album. She said, “It is a song about a lady who is fantasizing to have this great man and this perfect man only exists in her head. He is not a real man. She is just dreaming and hoping she would find a man like that.”
The petite singer is an only child, was raised by a single dad – Mali actor Abel Amunga who plays Mwambu - after her mum passed on when she was eight-years-old. So is acting something she thinks she will get into? “I have been thinking about that, I don’t know do you think I’m a good actress? I might go for auditions but music is my passion.”

Photos/ Chrispunus Wekesa

No comments:

Post a Comment