Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I am the right PERSON - Ojode’s wife on an ODM ticket


I am the right PERSON - Ojode’s wife on an ODM ticket


Wednesday August 8, 2012 - Mary Ojode, the wife of late Internal Security Assistant Minister Orwa Ojode has sought the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) ticket for the Ndhiwa parliamentary seat.

Mrs Ojode presented her nomination papers at the ODM headquarters in Nairobi accompanied by his son Andrew where she said she is ready to take the bull by the horns in a hotly contested seat for Ndhiwa.

“I believe I am equal to the task of leading the constituents of Ndhiwa,” Mrs Ojode said.
She said that her reason for contesting the by-election was to complete and implement the projects started by her late husband.

“My husband was a very hard working man who initiated several projects for the people of Ndhiwa. And I believe I am able to fully implement them from where he left,” she said.

The widow said the biggest hurdle would be to clinch ODM's nomination because it is very popular and everybody wants to vie with the party.

“ODM is a competitive party but I believe I will be able to get the party’s endorsement for the seat,” she said.

The Ndhiwa parliamentary seat which has attracted over 33 aspirants fell vacant after the death of area MP Orwa Ojode in a plane crash on June 10.

Mrs Ojode expressed confidence that she will win saying that she had received overwhelming support from the constituents.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment