Thursday, March 29, 2012

Politicians after my life, says minister



  SHARE BOOKMARKPRINTEMAILRATING
By Nation Correspondent
Posted  Wednesday, March 28  2012 at  22:00
Sports and Youth Affairs assistant minister Wavinya Ndeti on Wednesday accused some politicians of threatening to kill her if she did not cooperate in the sale of public land in her constituency.
Ms Ndeti claimed that the politicians, who want to make money for the the coming General Election, were behind a scheme to eliminate her if she continued to resist the sale of 1,300 acres belonging to East African Portland Cement to private developers.
“I have received threats from people I don’t know who want me to cooperate or risk death but I want to tell them that I’ll not be cowed,” she told journalists in her office.
“I met with the managing director Kepha Tande and the board about six months ago and we agreed to wait for the determination of the cases in court before making any moves. Why are they now in a hurry to sell the land before the cases are determined,” she posed.
According to the Kathiani MP, the land in question was given to the cement maker by the State to use as a mining field.
She added that the Cabinet had not authorised the sale of the land and that attempts to sell it were illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment