Sunday, February 26, 2012

Musalia latest



A tad late with my political updates but here goes: Monday, in Kiambu County where I met with ODM delegates (as I continue to solicit ODM party delegates support for my presidential nomination bid).
My candidature should not cause any discomfort within the party as the era of stepping down for somebody has been overtaken by time in a new political dispensation. The fear that competition within the party will destroy it is unfounded. ODM cherishes competition & as a main proponent of the new constitution I would like that the party members are given the constitutionally guaranteed right to choose their party flag bearer. Democracy should not be by word, we must live it. Women & youth must help us break with the traditional voting pattern in Kenya. They are not tainted with disease of tribalism. Let’s vote for a new political era in our country & elect a leader who will address insecurity, grow the economy to create employment.
Thank you for reception Kiambu delegates & thank you too to Hon Manyalla Keya MP Lurambi, Yusuf Chanzu MP Vihiga, Justus Kizito MP Shinyalu, Ben Washiali MP Mumias & Rtd Maj.Walukhe, Kiambu County ODM Chairman & V.Chair Samuel Mbugua & Mumbi Ngaru respectively.
Tuesday into Thursday, "battling" it out in Bunge as I presented three bills on devolution to the house. Thankfully they all sailed through with minimal changes from my parliamentary colleagues.
Today, back to party politics in Machakos County. Till tomorrow, have a good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment