Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ongeri blames politics for his woes over stolen school cash

E-mail Print PDF
Share/Save/Bookmark Education minister Sam Ongeri yesterday said calls for his resignations over lost school cash are motivated by politics. Ongeri  said those who are agitating for his resignation alleged are threatened because of his political stand ahead of 2012 general elections. “The calls are politically engineered and therefore have nothing to do with alleged embezzlement of the funds,” Ongeri said. The minister said a senior politician from Nyanza is behind his woes.
He claimed the same politician is using human rights activists to block his office. “I am informed that the politician has since proposed a name of somebody who will take my position if his schemes sail through,” Ongeri claimed.
Addressing parents and students of Moi Gesusu High school in his Nyaribari Masaba constituency, during Prizing giving day, Ongeri said that  it was unfortunate for a clique  of people to lock a public thus denying Kenyans of important services. “I am the one who wrote to the the treasury on February last year demanding for the forensic audit in ministry after I realized that some junior officers had colluded mess up with the FPE funds. How can the same person who raised the issue be accused again,” he queried. “I wonder how I can be asked to take political responsibility. Corruption has nothing to with political responsibility that is why I forwarded the matter police banking fraud to investigate the matter,” he said. “If I would have kept quiet over the matter, then my political detractor could have a reason to ask me to step aside,” the minister added.

No comments:

Post a Comment