Friday, December 31, 2010

Sang’ threatened me over his woes, activist claims

By VINCENT BARTOO
A human rights activist has recorded a statement with the police, claiming a post-election violence suspect threatened him.
Ken Wafula of the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy claimed Kass FM’s Joshua Sang’ blamed him for his naming by the International Criminal Court as a suspect.
Speaking to journalists at the Eldoret Police Station, Wafula said Sang’ threatened him on Tuesday.
Unspecified action
"We bumped into each other at Oginga Odinga Street (Eldoret) and he accused me of being behind his woes," he said. Wafula claimed the presenter warned him of unspecified action.
"He told me I would not step on this soil once he returns from The Hague," he said.
Yesterday, the activist was to record another statement with the Criminal Investigation Department.
But Sang’ denied the claims and told The Standard Wafula had provoked him.
"I was minding my business when he walked to me and asked lene emet? (Kalenjin for what is the world saying?), which showed he was provoking me," he said.
Lene emet is the name of Sang’s morning show on Kass FM.
ICC Prosecutor Louis Moreno-Ocampo has accused Sang’ of using radio to fan violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment