Monday, July 26, 2010

Ndiku retains Steeplechase title

Written By:Kennedy Langat , Posted: Mon, Jul 26, 2010

Kenya on Sunday retained the world Junior Athletics title after bagging two more Gold medals in the men's 3000 metres Steeplechase and women's 1500 races in the final day of the event in Moncton Canada.

Jonathan Muia Ndiku defended his title in 3000m Steeplechase , crossing the finish line in a time of 8 minutes 23.48 seconds for the 13th Kenyan victory in thirteen editions of the world junior event.

At the finish, Ndiku had more than 10 seconds to spare over compatriot Albert Kiptoo Yator (8:33.55) with Uganda's Jacob Araptany holding on for bronze in 8:37.02.

"The race was very, very great. I'm so happy to win this race," said Ndiku. "I was wanting my teammate to come in front of me because I was needing some help.

"Last time, I won in Bydgoszcz in 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment