Thursday, November 15, 2012

RUTO will lose out if he joins UHURU at TNA – KALONZO says




Wednesday, the 14th of November 2012 - Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka today criticized erstwhile ally William Ruto saying the URP leader will lose out if he goes forward with plans for an alliance with TNA’s Uhuru Kenyatta.

The VP made the statement while addressing a campaign rally in Kipchoge Keino, Kapsabet in Nandi County. For the time, he told the crowd of supporters how he had tried in vain to get Ruto to back his bid for the presidency;

“I wanted William Ruto to be my running mate but he was unwilling. Others now want Ruto to be their running mate," he said.

VP Musyoka also spoke bitterly of how his efforts to unite the country at the height of the post election violence had gone unappreciated;

“I became Kenya's Vice-President when the country was fighting. I wanted to bring peace, so, we should not forget where we came from,” said Mr Musyoka.

Mr Musyoka was however quick to add that he and Ruto still got along;

“I spoke to Ruto yesterday (Tuesday) and today (Wednesday) before I came to this region. I hope that we shall work with him,” said VP Musyoka.

The VP also poured scorn on recent polls which put his popularity in the single digits;

“I was destroyed by opinion polls after they learnt that I was the most popular candidate in Rift valley region,” Mr Musyoka added.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment