Friday, August 3, 2012

Aspirants seek Ojode family support


By James Omoro
Ndhiwa parliamentary aspirants are visiting former area MP Orwa Ojode’s mother to seek her blessings.
Aspirants are outdoing each other in visiting the home of Mama Ulda Ojode ahead of ODM nominations scheduled forAugust 12.
The latest to visit Ulda at her home in Ratang’a village was Denis Orero.
Orero claimed Ojode endorsed him to lead the constituency after his retirement.
“It is very sad that he died before he retired as an MP for Ndhiwa. His demise occurred before he fulfilled a promise he had made to me,” Orero said.
Orero led a delegation to Ulda’s home where he met her and her eldest son Sam Ojode.
“It is unfortunate that Orwa died while I was in London, but I have finally come. I want to succeed him but I felt it is ideal not to start my campaigns before condoling with your family,” Orero told Ulda.
She welcomed the aspirant as a great family friend.
Helicopter crash
“I thank God that I still have people who can be close to me after losing my son,” she said.
The late MP’s brother Sam told residents to avoid believing that they are supporting aspirants who have visited the family.
The former MP’s widow, Mary Ojode, is also vying for the seat, after getting family blessing to complete the projects the late Ojode started.
Another aspirant, Martin Owino, also visited the home. Ojode died alongside his boss Internal Security Minister George Saitoti and five others in a helicopter crash in Ngong area on the outskirts of Nairobi in June.
The Ndhiwa seat has attracted more than 30 aspirants, with the widow having traversed much of Ndhiwa to declare her interest in the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment