Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mutunga should be CJ despite divorce


E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
ON Saturday, the Weekend Star published details of the unfortunate divorce case between Dr Willy Mutunga and his second wife Prof Beverle Lax. Ordinarily a domestic divorce case would not be newsworthy, but when it refers to a high profile official, it becomes news. 
Former Californian governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has just separated with his wife after having a child with his housemaid. That was global news. Top people are scrutinised more than ordinary citizens because they represent our interests in public office.
Last month Mutunga's divorce case was irrelevant. Now it is relevant because he has been nominated to become Chief Justice. Some MPs had been spreading rumours that the details of the divorce case made Mutunga unfit to hold office.
The opposite is true. The petitions reveal Mutunga as a father who cares and financially maintains his four children (unlike many Kenyan men); a caring person who attended his wife in hospital even as their relations deteriorated; and an intellectual who highly valued his thesis on landlord-tenant relationships in Kenya.
Anyone's marriage can break down. Far from disqualifying him, the details of Mutunga's divorce show that he is a decent person who should not be prevented from becoming Chief Justice.

Quote of the day "The whole world knows that His glory has not been spread by force and weapons, but by poor fishermen." - Populist Florentine dictator Girolamo Savonarola was hanged on May 23, 1498

3 comments:

  1. Great article, exactly what I needed.
    Here is my site - http://www.africanmangoplusguide.com/african-mango-diet/

    ReplyDelete


  2. I cannot believe this, my husband is back, i am grateful to see my husband returned with full force, Mr Robinson made this miracle to happen, Happiness has come to me at last, I am very pleased to say things are going well, I truly believe this spell has made difference in my relationship, Mr Robinson is truly gifted, I will recommend to anybody who's looking for a serious spell caster to cast a love spell him or her should contact this email robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com or call Mr Robinson 00919715126745 , he wont disappointed you if you ask him to help you. All I want to say is that this spell caster MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.
    Anna Giovanniu

    ReplyDelete

  3. My boyfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago. he started acting strange, he was ignoring all of my calls and won’t speak to me at all, i wanted us to be back together forever and work through things as a couple. I just could not picture my life without him. i felt so rejected when i discovered that he was cheating on me. it made me go crazy because i took him as the love of my life, my best friend, my soul mate, after making some research i found Mr Robinson on the net that he can restore broken relationship and i gave it a try, after using his love spell, my boyfriend came back and since then I definitely believe robinsonbuckler is real, I must admit, the result was perfect, wonderful, this caster Mr Robinson is real. you can call Mr Robinson +19715126745 for urgent help

    ReplyDelete