Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I will give you a better life, Karua tells Trans Nzoia farmers


I will give you a better life, Karua tells Trans Nzoia farmers

E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
NARC Kenya presidential hopeful Martha Karua has said her government will ensure affordable farm inputs if she is elected president. ''Despite the government's pledge to fight for farmer’s welfare, most of them are poor for failure by the state to address their grievances,'' said Karua. The Gichugu MP was speaking during her three-day campaign tour of the North Rift region, which started  in Trans Nzoia county. She addressed residents at Kaplamai, Sibanga, Kachibora, Kolongolo and in Kitale town. ''Kenyans in some parts of the country experience hunger when there is enough food in other regions due to poor planning by the government,'' said Karua. She said if elected, she will ensure free medical services and free primary and secondary education.
The former Justice minister said she will create job opportunities to the youth and her government will ensure justice for all. “I am not after power and I therefore kindly request your vote so that I can uplift your livelihoods. If it is power, I left a powerful ministry, a flag and hefty allowances when I resigned as a minister in Kibaki’s government. My urge for leadership is to serve you,” said Karua. Saying that Kenyans are treated unfairly, she said her government will ensure integrity and democracy. She warned Trans Nzoia residents against voting along their tribal lines, saying it will ruin the country. “If you say that you want to vote for the people of your tribe, then show me the free medical care of your tribe alone here in Trans Nzoia,” said Karua.

No comments:

Post a Comment