Saturday, February 11, 2012

Give up arms, PC orders herders



  SHARE BOOKMARKPRINTEMAILRATING
SULEIMAN MBATIAH | NATION Rift Valley PC Osman Warfa has a word with local leaders in Marigat  when he toured the area on February 10, 2012 to assess the security situation after members of the Ilchamus and the Endorois communities attacked one another over the creation of a new vote zone.
SULEIMAN MBATIAH | NATION Rift Valley PC Osman Warfa has a word with local leaders in Marigat when he toured the area on February 10, 2012 to assess the security situation after members of the Ilchamus and the Endorois communities attacked one another over the creation of a new vote zone. 
By WYCLIFF KIPSANG wkipsang@ke.nationmedia.com AND NOAH CHEPLOEN ncheploen@ke.nationmedia.com
Posted  Friday, February 10  2012 at  22:30
IN SUMMARY
  • No civilian is allowed to carry a firearm. They should surrender them or we come for them
Herders in Marigat District have been ordered to surrender stolen livestock and illegal firearms ahead of a disarmament drive there.
Addressing chiefs, local leaders and elders from Endorois and Ilchamus communities at Family Life Hall on Friday, Rift Valley Provincial Commissioner Osman Warfa said that insecurity was a major threat to development.
“No civilian is allowed to carry a firearm. They should surrender them or we come for them,” warned the administrator.
Mr Warfa urged pastoralists to discard retrogressive cultural practices like cattle raids.
The PC said that the government had started issuing Kenya Police Reservists with modern firearms to shore up security in all cattle rustling-prone areas.
The Endorois and the Ilchamus have differed over the creation of the new Mochongoi constituency with the Ilchamus complaining that their views to the Ligale commission for the new constituency to be named after them were ignored.
This has not however gone down well with the Endorois who are accusing an Independent Electoral Boundary Commission commissioner from the Ilchamus for using his position in the delimitation of boundaries.
Last week, suspected Endorois raiders shot dead a 17-year-old Ilchamus boy at Tosekuang area. (READ:Herders killed in renewed tribal attacks)
Share This Story
Share 
In a retaliatory, attack, suspected Ilchamus raiders struck Arabal area and killed a 41-year-old Endorois man, injured scores of others and made away with over 70 cattle.

2 comments:

  1. Hello all my viewers My name is Elizabeth Banks from USA! I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a man who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email Dr clement. and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr. clement truly you are the best,with these great Dr you can win millions of money through lottery.I am so very happy to meet these great man now, I will be forever be grateful to you dr. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com or you can call him for your own help to win big money today via +2347061824880.from Elizabeth Banks post (USA)thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am williams james from UK( northern ireland), i want to share a
    testimony on how a powerful spell caster cured my HIV disease, i was
    diagnosed of this disease, in the year 2009, last week i saw a testimony on
    Dr. on how he cured an HIV patient, so i contacted him through phone
    call and he asked me to email him, which idid, so he told me that all my
    problems is over and then he decided to do an healing spell spell for me so
    after he finished it, he told me to wait for just 24 hours and then i
    should go for a test, so i really did as he had said, so my greatest
    surprised when i went to the hospital to go for an HIV test, the Medical
    doctor diagnosed that, i am now HIV negetative at first i was amazed and
    now i have come to realise that this spell caster Dr. Akioya is a very
    powerful one and a real spell caster. So viewers of this should please join
    me in my celebration for i am the happiest man on earth today and if you
    want to contact him, you can do this via his email
    (drakioya17spellhome@gmail.com) or call him +2348105257464     

    ReplyDelete