Friday, September 10, 2010

MP's aide kidnapped, terrorised

By MUTINDA MWANZIA

An aide of Machakos Town MP Victor Munyaka was kidnapped on Thursday night and terrorised for more than five hours by gunmen.

The MP’s personal assistant, Kyallo Mutie, was tricked by the kidnappers outside a supermarket in Machakos Town, who lured him to their vehicle, a red Toyota Prado in the guise that the MP was inside.

The kidnappers then drove off to the Stony Athi plains, 30 km away.

Yesterday, a shaken Mutie who spoke to The Standard on Saturday at Parliament Buildings in the presence of Munyaka said the gunmen terrorised him for four hours and grilled him on various political activities in the constituency. "They asked me why we were messing up with Machakos politics," said Mutie.

"The slapped me severally and told me to remove my shoes and coat before ordering me to walk to the main road, some 5km away and where I boarded a matatu back to Machakos,"said Mutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment