Monday, August 30, 2010

Serena Williams planning 3rd school in Kenya

Kenya Star
Monday 30th August, 2010
(ANI)
Tennis ace Serena Williams is planning to build a third school for underprivileged children as part of her charitable efforts in Kenya.

The 28-year-old tennis champion joined a school-building mission in Matooni, a three-hour drive from the capital of Nairobi, after she rose to fame.

And now she calls the project "the best thing" she's ever done.

She has already built two schools in the area - where civilians don't have access to running water - and Williams has vowed to build another learning establishment by next year (11).

"It was the best thing I've ever done. I always said winning all those Grand Slams was a dream, but when I opened my school in Kenya, that was the best feeling in the world because I was helping people who had almost nothing," the Daily Express quoted her as telling America's Hamptons magazine. (ANI)

No comments:

Post a Comment