Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sonko takes Mercedes Benz from socialite daughter

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 00:00 -- BY GRACE KERONGO
Saumu Mbuvi
Saumu Mbuvi
Mike Sonko.
Mike Sonko.
Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko has blasted his daughter Saumu Mbuvi over remarks she made attacking socialites. Sonko told his girl to keep off the media and maintain a private life.
"I am against my own daughter. She has no right attacking the so called socialites using my position. I have blasted her and taken the keys of her smart Mercedes Benz. I have also suspended her weekly budget. I never inherited wealth from my dad. I struggled for it through my sweat. I totally disagree with her," the Senator said.
Saumu was reported in The Standard telling off socialite girls trying to get public attention through posting nude photos on the internet.
"It is a pity that someone can go all nude to earn popularity. The so called Kenyan socialites are an embarrassment to us. Real socialites are girls from influential settings or families who have real money to afford the limelight stage, not the kind of wannabes we are seeing here," she was quoted saying.
Sonko yesterday said he had instructed his daughter to avoid any media appearances.
- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-186765/sonko-takes-mercedes-benz-socialite-daughter#sthash.zPp9OMAI.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment