Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kiyiapi hits out at ‘jet-set’ presidential candidates


By Robert Kiplagat                    
Restore and Build Kenya (RBK) presidential candidate James ole Kiyiapi has hit out at wealthy presidential aspirants who use helicopters during their campaigns.
Prof Kiyiapi, who was on a vote-hunt in Baringo County, described himself as the ‘peoples president’ since he did his campaigns by road and sold his policies directly to the people, unlike his competititors who used helicopters. “I am the president of the common mwananchi, that is why I am using vehicles in my campaigns. I understand the problems of the common people and I have the solution as I grew and was brought up in a pastoralist background,” said Kiyiapi.
Nothing new
Addressing a gathering in Kabarnet town, Kiyiapi said he had the interests of all pastoralists at heart and promised to improve their living standards if elected president.
The former Education PS also urged pastoralist communities to vote for him overwhelmingly to enable him ascend to the highest office in the land to serve them as the fourth president.
Kiyiapi said presidential candidates who have been in government for long had nothing new to offer Kenyans as far as development was concerned.
“My track record speaks for itself. For the short time I served as PS in the Ministry of Education, I brought reforms in the sector while some leaders have been in government for 20 to 30 years and have done little,” he said.
Kiyiapi dismissed the results of opinion polls conducted after the historic presidential debate and declared himself the best performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment