Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I will NOT defect to RAILA's ODM unless my conditions are MET - Wilfred MACHAGE




Monday October 22, 2012-Kuria MP Wilfred Machage has denied media reports that he has defected to the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) but instead gave the PM conditions to be met by him and ODM before the Kuria community offers Raila its support in the race to State House.

Among the conditions Machage gave the PM  include construction  of roads  within the constituency and employment of residents from the area in top public service jobs  as well as  top positions  in Migori County being shared  equally among  members  of both the Luo and Kuria communities.

Machage, who hosted the PM on Sunday, said he will first consult his community before he makes a move.

“I am not here to cross over to ODM, and I have not spoken about that. I will however ask for  direction from members of the Kuria community on what is the best way forward  for the people  and I will only act once  they have  given  their opinion on the matter,” Machage who is also Roads assistant Minister said.

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment