Wednesday, September 26, 2012

RAILA in TROUBLE of choice …….. more pressure from Bishop WANJIRU




Tuesday September 25, 2012 - Prime Minister Raila Odinga is under intense pressure, after Starehe MP Margaret Wanjiru became the latest politician to demand to be his running mate in the forthcoming General election.

Wanjiru, who is also the Housing Assistant Minister is lobbying ODM’s top brass in the hope that she will be given a chance to run as Raila’s deputy.

Speaking at her church on Monday, Wanjiru claimed that she is staking her claim on the grounds of gender, the Mt Kenya region votes and the church.

“I am coming on board with the women, the church, four constitutuencies in Nairobi and the youths who see me as a mother. I can guarantee my vote and the choice is theirs,” Wanjiru said.

“I am a nationalist and I have never been a tribalist. Politics to me is a call and I don’t know what presidential candidates are looking for .All I know is that I can deliver,” she added.

According to a source close to the MP, Wanjiru is planning to lead a delegation from Central Kenya to meet the PM in the next few days as part of her efforts to lobby for the position.

Others interested in being Raila‘s running mate are ODM Chairman Henry Kosgei, Bureti MP and Roads Minister Franklin Bett and Agriculture Minister Sally Kosgei.

Wanjiru’s news came barely a day after her close confidante Rachel Shebesh ditched the Orange party to Uhuru’s party The National alliance (TNA).

The Kenyan DAILY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment