Saturday, October 22, 2011

PNu’s Kuria confronts ICC victims’ lawyer



E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
PNU activist Moses Kuria yesterday confronted an ICC victims lawyer  and questioned his selective meetings with certain people in the country. Kuria accused the  ICC victims lawyer Morris Anyah for having met with Lands minister James Orengo and Miguna Miguna, a former legal advisor on constitutional affairs to PM Raila Odinga, at the Norfolk hotel in Nairobi yesterday.
With a few journalists at the hotel, Kuria introduced himself to Anyah and wondered why he was meeting people selectively. "I am from a political party called PNU. Why are you meeting people selectivel?  Why have you met with cabinet minister James Orengo?" Kuria asked. Anyah denied meeting Orengo and told Kuria that he was in the country to meet his clients.
Anyah said: "That is not the way to approach me. If you want me to meet you I can do that, I am meeting many people." He told journalists that he had not met  Orengo. Contacted Orengo denied being at the Norfolk hotel yesterday in the morning for a meeting with Anyah. "Before going to Nyayo stadium for the Mashujaa Day celebrations, I was at State House. I did not meet him," Orengo said.
Anyah however admitted meeting with Miguna Miguna on Tuesday. But Miguna said he met Anyah by chance at the hotel after the recording of  a K24 TVs'  talk show yesterday. Miguna said: "Who is spreading this rumours, I did not have any planned meeting with Anyah, it was by chance." Miguna said it was Anyah who noticed him first. He said I looked familiar from my newspaper commentary columns, Miguna said.

No comments:

Post a Comment