Thursday, July 23, 2020

Masks

When I wear a mask in public, or decline an invitation to a party or to come inside: 🔵 I want you to know that I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus. 🔵 No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem. 🔵 I don’t feel like the “government is controlling me;” I feel like I’m being a contributing adult to society and I want to teach others the same. 🔵 The world doesn’t revolve around me. It’s not all about me and my comfort. 🔵 If we all could live with other people's consideration in mind, this whole world would be a much better place. 🔵 Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid, or even “controlled.” It makes me considerate. 🔵 When you think about how you look, how uncomfortable it is, or what others think of you, just imagine someone close to you - a child, a spouse, a father, a mother, grandparent, aunt, or uncle - choking on a respirator, alone without you or any family member allowed at bedside. 🔵 Ask yourself if you could have sucked it up a little for them. Wearing a mask is not political. It’s public health! Copied & posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment