Friday, August 21, 2015

Ne-Yo meets Kirubi as he plans to invest in Kenya


Ne-Yo at Coke Studio.
Ne-Yo at Coke Studio.
August 21, 2015
BY ELLY GITAU
      
AMERICAN R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actor Ne-Yo has plans to invest in Kenya.
The pop superstar said, “I am meeting very powerful people. Today I met Chris Kirubi. I was told he is one of the most powerful people in Kenya. But I am not telling you where I am going to put my money because we have to sit down and have a conversation about it,” he said while addressing a press conference on Tuesday in Nairobi.
Ne-Yo, who flew into the country on Monday for the third season of the continental non-competitive TV music show, Coke Studio Africa.
As the show’s guest star, he recorded a mash-up with several African artistes among them Kenyan rapper Wangechi, bongo star Ali Kiba, Nigeria’s Ice Prince, Uganda’s Maurice Kirya and Dama Do Bling of Mozambique, under South African producer Zwai Bala.
“Kenya has the most loving people ever. From the airport all the way to the hotel, I noted how much love is in people here. Kenyan people are beyond nice. They are over the top. They are unnecessarily nice and I liked it. It feels so good when you come from the other side of the world and get so much love from all the people,” he said.
The So Sick hit singer also said that he was taking notes on which African artistes he would be working with in future.
- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/ne-yo-meets-kirubi-he-plans-invest-kenya#sthash.PQPGLSM4.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment