Friday, September 7, 2012

Ogopa’s gospel singer nominated for US Award



E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
Silas Mwenda, an upcoming gospel artiste signed with Ogopa DJs has bagged a nomination in this year’s Talanta Awards based in the US. Silas has been nominated in the Best New Artiste – Non US based category. He told Word Is, “Its an honour for me as a new singer. It also encourages me to work harder as it has catapulted me to an international stage as a Kenyan artiste.
I have been officially invited to attend this ceremony as a guest artiste and a nominee to be held in Seattle, Washington DC early September where more than 20 states from across the world will be represented.” Silas is know for his single Nakuhitaji, which is a reggae gospel song, released a little over a year ago.
He added, “Its a voting award and it would be awesome if Kenyans and my fans support me by casting votes in my favour.” Besides music, Silas works at an NGO called Providence based in Ngando and Dagoretti corner slums in the outskirts of Karen. “I encourage people to know their HIV status and get tested. We also offer couselling and post test care services including distribution of food and clothes to poor bed ridden infected patients who cant work, and cant afford meals - as its hard to take ARV drugs on empty stomachs,” Silas said.

No comments:

Post a Comment