Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ogopa artiste to record with Mary Mary



E-mailPrintPDF
Share/Save/Bookmark
Ogopa DJ’s gospel artiste Silas Mwenda revealed to Word Is that he is planning to record a single with American gospel duo Mary Mary. Silas who over the weekend bagged an award for Best Newcomer in the Washington based Talanta Awards said that the celebrity sisters “loved” his music.
“I had the opportunity to meet Mary Mary, who we are planning to do some projects which including recording a song together which will be released very soon. They loved my music and said that I have a distinct African energy on stage.” Silas stayed in the US for a planned tour that will see his share a stage with top American gospel artistes. He added, “I will be performing in Maryland and Baltimore in October and also at the Newsome festivals.
I am the only African gospel artiste set to perform alongside popular American gospel artistes. I’m totally honoured and I feel this is a great platform not only for my music but to showcase what Kenyan artistes can do and at the same time give music enthusiasts a good show.”

No comments:

Post a Comment