Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Donald Trump: I whine until I win


Dylan Stableford

Donald Trump: I whine until I win

Donald Trump answers a question at last week’s GOP debate. (Photo: Brian Snyder/Reuters)
Donald Trump says he’ll do whatever it takes to become president to “make America great again” — even if it means “whining” his way to the White House.
“I do whine because I want to win and I’m not happy about not winning,” Trump said on CNN’s “New Day” on Tuesday. “And I am a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win.”
Trump, the current leader in the race for the Republican nomination, refuted an ABC News report that he is considering ruling out a third-party run.
“I’m running as a Republican, I’m leading in every poll … I’m leading all over the place and I want to run as a Republican,” he said. “If I am treated fairly that’s the way it’s going to be, but I want to keep that door open. I have to keep that door open because if something happens where I’m not treated fairly, I may very well use that door.”


Trump lashed out at Fox News’ Megyn Kelly over the weekend for her “attack” on him during last week’s primetime GOP debate, stirring outrage for his assertion that she had “blood coming out of her wherever,” and demanding she apologize to him.
But a phone call he received Monday from Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes apparently helped bury the hatchet.
“Donald Trump and I spoke today,” Ailes said in a statement. “We discussed our concerns, and I again expressed my confidence in Megyn Kelly. She is a brilliant journalist and I support her 100 percent. I assured him that we will continue to cover this campaign with fairness [and] balance. We had a blunt but cordial conversation and the air has been cleared.”
Kelly also addressed Trump’s comments, telling viewers Monday night that she “certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism, so I’ll continue doing my job without fear or favor.”


ABC News Videos

Megyn Kelly, Presidential Contenders Fire Back at Donald Trump

The Fox News anchor and some candidates are addressing the real estate mogul's brazen campaign style.

In an appearance on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday, Trump was welcomed back to the network by co-host Steve Doocy, who said, “Glad we’re friends again.”
“We’ve always been friends,” Trump replied.
On CNN, Trump was pressed to give specifics on other issues, such as how he’d deal with the Islamic State militant group also known as ISIS or ISIL in Syria and Iraq.
“I would go in and I’d take the oil and I’d put troops to protect the oil,” Trump said.
On his approach to negotiating a nuclear deal with Iran, the former “Celebrity Apprentice” host said, “They’re going to respect me — they’re going to do what I tell them to do. We have a lot of power over those countries.”


Trump said if he were president, the Iran deal would have been “a hundred times better.”
Planned Parenthood, Trump said, is “like an abortion factory” that “should not be funded by the government.” But he stopped short of calling for a complete overhaul of the organization.
“I would look at the good aspects of it and I would also look because I’m sure they do some things properly and good and good for women,” Trump said. “But we have to take care of women. We have to absolutely take care of women. The abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood should not be funded.”


FOX News Videos

Rand Paul scorching Donald Trump

Senator calls GOP challenger a 'fake conservative'

Meanwhile, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who sparred with Trump during last week’s debate, blasted the Republican frontrunner during a conference call with supporters on Monday.
“Are we going to fix the country through bombast and empty blather? Somebody has to challenge him,” Paul said, according to the New York Times. “I think if no one stands up to a bully, a bully will just keep doing what they’re doing. Unless someone points out the emperor has no clothes, they will continue to strut about, and then we’ll end up with a reality TV star as our nominee.”
In New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic frontrunner, dismissed Trump’s campaign as “great TV.”
“It’s entertainment,” she said. “It’s all entertainment.”


Yahoo News Video

ERICK ERICKSON BATTLES DONALD TRUMP

On Monday, August 10th, Yahoo News Chief Washington Correspondent Olivier Knox speaks to Erick Erickson about his decision to drop GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump from his annual RedState Gathering. Erickson says he made the decision following Trump's remarks on Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, but Trump has fought back saying Erickson has his own history of sometimes offensive comments.
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-i-whine-until-i-win-126426342416.html

No comments:

Post a Comment