Saturday, July 11, 2015

Jordan apologizes to Mavericks, Cuban on Twitter

The Associated Press

DALLAS (AP) -- DeAndre Jordan apologized to the Dallas Mavericks and owner Mark Cuban on Friday after backing out of a verbal agreement with them and deciding to remain with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Jordan wrote Friday on Twitter that he was humbled by the Mavericks' and Cuban's ''kindness and understanding.'' He called Cuban ''one of the best owners in the world.''
''I am sorry to have a change of heart,'' Jordan added.
The center had agreed to a deal with the Mavericks last week before changing his mind Wednesday, the day before contracts could be signed.
Cuban detailed some of the events leading up to that earlier Friday on Cyber Dust, saying he had traveled to Jordan's house in Houston once communication with the then-free agent had stopped and he started to hear Jordan might be having second thoughts.
Cuban said he texted Jordan that he was at his house, and Jordan responded that he was on a date. So Cuban returned to the hotel where he was staying.
''When I got back to the hotel I texted him that I wasn't in front of his house. Have fun on his date and we will talk. He hit me back immediately saying thanks,'' Cuban wrote.
''He knew I was in town. He knew I was close by. I knew something was up. I was getting the same reports everyone else was. I also knew his agents were coming to town. It made sense that he would talk to them and worst case, even if was having second thoughts, the agent would be able to give me updates.''
Instead, Cuban never heard from Jordan again until after he re-signed with the Clippers.
''Like any big career move, it's natural to have second thoughts,'' Cuban said. ''So while I was concerned, I still wasn't worried. So I went to bed.''
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/jordan-apologizes-mavericks-cuban-twitter-014738912--nba.html

No comments:

Post a Comment