Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Truth Meter’s Willis Reveals How He Became a Leading Journalist



Written by  
Truth Meter’s Willis Reveals How He Became a Leading Journalist
Truth Meter has risen to be one of the shows on TV that is worth looking forward to every Friday. So popular is the show that it is almost overshadowing NTV Bull’s Eye. Meet Willis Raburu, the husky voiced journalist behind Truthmeter. He recently spoke to Dorcas Karuana of Career Point about how he has managed to become an unrivaled brand in less than 3 years.

The towering journalist attributes three things to his success in the industry; good work ethics, excellence and working smart.
#Good work ethics
My father (Peter Raburu) taught me this while he worked as a Provincial Commissioner. I believe in diligence, team work and excellence. At Citizen, the team has helped me grow; for instance, Abdi Osman taught me the hamburger theory, where you start the story with back ground, then give the meat and end with what is expected. Franklin Wambugu, Mercy Oburu and Peter Opondo have been of great help among others.

#Excellence
My boss Farida Karoney, the Editorial director, taught me that success is not an event, it's a way of life. People should know me not because I work for citizen but because of the way I use the platform given to me. I let my work should speak for me. 

#Working smart
To go where nobody has gone, you need to do what nobody else has done. In Citizen, interns are not allowed to voice for their stories, however I did my first voice to camera within the second week as an intern. Thanks to my camera man Dennis Ochieng who encouraged me to do it and it did wonders.
Willis also added that he’s inspired God’s, grace, love and favour upon him apart from JCC’s Bishop Allan Kiuna who is his life coach. Willis is also motivated by Truth Meter fans who comment on the updates and have liked its fan page pushing it to over 10,000 likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment