Monday, February 25, 2013

Kosgey’s son denies ditching his father

By GEOFFREY MOSOKU
NANDI, KENYA: ODM chairman Henry Kosgey’s son Alex Kosgey has denied media reports he is not supporting his father’s candidature for the Nandi County Senate seat.
Alex says that in spite of being in URP and dad in ODM, reports that he had ditched him were untrue and meant divide the family.

“My attention has been drawn to various media reports stating that I am not supporting my father Henry Kosgey's senate bid. This is not correct, “ he said in a statement sent to newsrooms Monday evening.
Reports appearing sections of the media yesterday quoted the young Kosgey of having thrown his weight behind the URP candidate Stephen Sang.
However, Alex sought to clarify his position saying that as much as he was a URP candidate in Emgwen, he will not forsake his old man.
And in a clear indication that ‘blood is thicker than water’, the young Kosgey affirmed his support for his dad saying he will vote for him come March 4.
“It is true that I am the URP parliamentary candidate for Emgwen constituency. However I am also fully supporting Henry Kosgey's bid for the Senate. I wish him the very best as any son would for their father.”
The URP candidate said he has all along supported his father and urged the media not to incite family wars that do not exist.
“I have always and will continue to ask my supporters to vote for him in the general election. He can of course count on my vote! I kindly request the media to avoid stories of in-fighting within the family that are untrue.”
Alex added, “If anything it is worth stating that despite being in different parties both Henry Kosgey and myself enjoy a very good relationship.”
He said the message should be for Kenyans to maintain peace and be tolerant of divergent views adding that being in different parties should not necessarily mean fighting.
“This is an important message as we approach the general elections. We all pray that we can remain a united and stable country after 4th March 2013,” the statement added.

No comments:

Post a Comment