Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Obama to Romney: ‘My pension isn’t as big as yours’



At the end of an exchange on immigration at the second presidential debate, GOP challenger Mitt Romney returned to an earlier question to defend his record on financial investments.
"Any investments I have over the last eight years have been managed by a blind trust," Romney said, acknowledging he has money invested in China but denying he had made those investment decisions personally.
Romney sought to turn the tables on Obama, trying to remind him he, too, has investments in Chinese companies. "Mr. President, have you looked at your pension?" Romney asked several times.
Obama got a chuckle from the audience when he shot back with a quick-witted reply.
"I don't look at my pension. It's not as big as yours so it doesn't take as long," Obama said. "I don't check it that often."
Obama: My Pension's 'Not as Big as Yours'President Obama and Mitt Romney tangle on overseas investments.
"Let me give you some advice. Look at your pension. You also have investments in Chinese companies," Romney countered.

No comments:

Post a Comment