Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nyagah: I will remain in Orange party


By Robert kiplagat
Cooperative Development Minister and ODM nominated MP Joseph Nyagah has declared he will not defect.
Mr Nyagah who was part of the 2007 ODM Pentagon team dismissed allegations that he could be ditching the party. There was speculation he might be heading to Uhuru Kenyatta-led The National Alliance party.
The minister was speaking when he officially opened Kabarnet ASK show, in Baringo County. “I have been hearing rumours that I could be moving from the party but I am the ODM vice chairman and Embu County party chairman thus I am going nowhere,” he said.
The former Gachoka MP explained that he has not been active in politics since he is just a nominated MP and a minister.
“I am not elected so I only comment on issues pertaining the Ministry of Cooperatives,” he said.
Nyagah urged all Kenyans to maintain peace and unity before and after elections and respect democracy.
“As we head to election time, the issues of party politics should not divide us. If one is in URP, ODM or any other party, they should be left to be as it is their democratic right,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment