Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Raila’s complacency on the MAIZE SCANDAL


Raila’s complacency on the MAIZE SCANDAL


Page 417...(Peeling back the mask)

“Jakom, I didn’t use the office line; I called him on my mobile phone. In fact, I think I only called him twice. The rest of the discussions occurred at the NCPB offices, where I went.” Caroli answered, matter-of-factly. In law, that was a confession of involvement. 

I glanced at Raila and saw him satisfied by that ‘confession’. I was dumbfounded. Caroli had just admitted to having been involved in the dodgy importations, and Raila didn’t look bothered at all. 

In fact, he sighed deeply when he heard Caroli asserting that the calls emanated from his mobile phone and not the office line. 

Did Raila think that Caroli’s mobile line left no traces, that evidence from his calls couldn’t be used to implicate not just Caroli, but also his boss? In any event, why did Raila take Caroli’s word for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment