Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Woman blames Saitoti chopper for lost goat



By Sammy Jakaa

"I know Saitoti is not a bad person. When he gets to hear of this, he will, refund me my lost goat. Can someone make it known to the minister?"
That was Irene Nyaboke’s plea in Malaba Town when the police helicopter that carried Minister for Internal Security George Saitoti came calling recently.
Nyaboke has launched a complaint with the local Provincial Administration, seeking compensation.
She claimed she had tethered her only goat near Malaba Township Primary School playground, but it took off in fear when the chopper landed.
"When I came in the evening to untie my goat, I only found the remaining part of the rope and the goat was missing, I started looking for it all over but it was nowhere to be seen," she said.
School children later informed her that the goat took off shortly after the chopper landed in the field.
Komiriai Assistant Chief Isaac Emojong confirmed receiving the complaint and said they were helping her trace the animal.
Nyaboke’s hope is that someone will get word of the missing goat to the Minister, whom she is sure will compensate her for her goat.
She is also asking the area Member of Parliament to help, hoping to speak to Prof Saitoti personally since no one seems to be taking the case of her missing goat seriously.
"If I don’t get my goat, I want the MP to allow me to talk to him (Saitoti) next time he comes back. I believe he will see the importance of the matter," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment