Sunday, February 19, 2012

Musalia's notes





I hope you had a good weekend. Mine has been quite busy though today has been the first Sunday in weeks on end that I have spent at home. Nice. Friday with the cabinet sub-committee comprising of myself, Ministers Saitoti, Bett, Kimunya & Sirma we travelled to the Malava & Busia border posts to look into & streamline the clearance of cargo congestion largely due to corrupt practices & poor infrastructure. Our recommendations: staff overhaul & embracing IT systems to allow for faster & proper clearance. Kenyans HAVE to get value for the taxes they pay. Thereafter I travelled to Hamisi constituency to meet ODM delegates form Vihiga County who were being hosted by the area MP & Asst. Minister George Khaniri then to my constituency home, Mululu, to receive an ODM delegation from Uasin Gishu who paid me a courtesy call. The women in the delegation presented me with a milk gourd & cup & a heifer from the gentlemen. You truly honour me. I then commissioned a water project in Gaigedi Secondary School in my constituency. The 2.5 million shilling project was funded by Kenya Airways in conjunction with CDF & the schools PTA. Thank you Kenya Airways for honouring my request to assist the school with this project.
Saturday I was in Kitui County meeting ODM delegates who gave me an overwhelming reception & support. Asant sana. In the evening I was honoured to have dinner with President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda (who was hosted by our Prime Minister in his rural home, Bondo). President Museveni was the chief guest at Great Lakes Universities’ Education Trust Fund launch & fund raiser. What a long post…Wishing you all a good week ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment