Friday, August 12, 2011

An Update from Miguna




Mohamed Isahakia has been sued because he issued the so-called suspension letter and leaked it to the press (electronic, radio and TV) 20 hours before it was delivered to me.

The Attorney General has been sued because he is the competent government authority that is legally liable for or on behalf of the Government of Kenya. If the head of public service, the PM or the President do anything unlawful or illegal, the person to sue is the AG.

I also issued libel notices to Isahakia and Jakoyo Midiwo today.

You are free to share, disseminate and post the attached documents.

I have reluctantly taken this action after waiting in vain for the PM to contact me, apologize for his transgressions and make amends. Unfortunately, he has failed or refused to do so. There is no honour for a man who cannot apologize and correct his mistakes.

I have sacrificed my career, my life - even my family - for Raila Odinga. For him to throw me under the train in such callous, inhumane and clearly barbaric manner astounds me. I have loved Raila Odinga. I have fully trusted Raila Odinga. I have committed all my life and energy to defending and promoting the interests of Raila Odinga and that of the citizens of Kenya and the country at large. I have done so without much remuneration.

Before relocating to Kenya in September 2007, I earned between $20,000 and $50,000.00 (CAD) per month. I spent more than $50,000.00 (CAD) to campaign for Raila Odinga in North America.

I did all these things for higher ideals. I believed (I now realize, wrongly), that Raila Odinga was the "agent of change" for our country; the "bridge between the old and the new Kenya".

I have worked as a slave for Raila Odinga. Raila Odinga knows that I have done nothing wrong. He has been made aware by the IIEC that I was NOT involved at all in any conspiracy to undermine the commission. I have been advised that the IIEC has informed the PM that an internal IIEC investigation has revealed that the articles authored by Gikonyo Boaz (whose contents nobody has refuted) is one Dr. Baraza. The PM has been advised that I have no connections, links, nor do I know who Dr. Baraza is. Despite all these, the PM decided to "sacrifice" me "to save Major Oswago" who is also innocent of the frivolous charges.

So, quite clearly, the PM and those around him simply wanted to "sacrifice" me for parochial, mischievous and malicious political reasons.

But in doing so, they acted inhumanely, did not follow due process, and grossly breached my legal and constitutional rights. Nobody can justify these acts. I am not a dog that can be brutalized without consequences.

I shall protect the rule of law and the Constitution. Those who fear democracy, the rule of law and refuse to uphold the Constitution have no business pretending to represent the ideals of the new dawn.

For now, that is all I can say.

Miguna Miguna

No comments:

Post a Comment