Friday, December 24, 2010

Three MPs deny role in narcotics syndicate


Saboti MP Eugene Wamalwa, Njenga addresses a press conference on December 23, 2010 at a Nairobi Hotel, where he denied that he was involved in drug trafficking. PhotoO/TOM MARUKO
Saboti MP Eugene Wamalwa, Njenga addresses a press conference on December 23, 2010 at a Nairobi Hotel, where he denied that he was involved in drug trafficking. PhotoO/TOM MARUKO 
By NATION TEAMPosted Thursday, December 23 2010 at 22:03

Three MPs on Thursday declared their innocence in allegations of drug trafficking.
Related Stories
Mr Eugene Wamalwa (Saboti) and Mr Simon Mbugua said they were not among MPs who were being investigated for possible links to the kings of drug trafficking.
They spoke at separate press conferences, as Kisauni MP Ali Hassan Joho accused US ambassador Michael Ranneberger of being driven by political intentions.
Speaking at Serena Hotel, Nairobi, Mr Wamalwa stated that he had led a straight life and read political sabotage in the declaration by Juja MP Willaim Kabogo that he was in the dossier submitted by the US envoy to the government.
“I have maintained a clean record of my life and my record is open to everybody. I have never associated myself with drug traffickers and I have never involved myself in the illegal trade that has rendered Kenyan youths zombies,” he said.
Speaking separately, Mr Mbugua said he had never dealt in drugs “nor even smoked cigarettes.
“I have been tormented by the sensational allegations by Mr Kabogo tabled in Parliament on Wednesday.
“Why would Kabogo implicate us in drug dealings? I have never seen drugs myself. I don’t drink, smoke, chew miraa or womanise,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment